L. Michael Hall, Ph. D.
- What’s your frames of mind, frames of meaning, and frames of reference around the idea of business?
- What are the key belief frames, value frames, understanding frames, etc. about business?
- Given your frames about business, do you have a business matrix that allows you to be effectively successful?
- Does your matrix of business frames empower you as an entrepreneur?
- How much business intelligence does it endow you with?
- How does business work?
We put business, and all of our mental maps about business, in the World Matrix. That’s because Business is one of those worlds “out there” that we have to navigate and deal with. This becomes even more so when you set out as an entrepreneur to find and create new business opportunities.
Even though one of my university degrees is in business (a Bachelor of Science in Management of Human Resources), I only really began to understand how business works when I began researching, exploring, and modeling for the Wealth Building Training (Mastering Your Wealth Matrix). What I discovered was something that actually surprised me. For the first time I discovered the heart of wealth, what “wealth” is. I had always assumed that it was money or some aspect of money. I didn’t know it was a mental-emotional skill. I didn’t know it was seeing, creating, and adding value to things and experiences.
Several new NLP and Neuro- Semantic patterns emerged from that awareness: Inside-Out Wealth, Mind-to Muscle, Seeing and Seizing Opportunities to name a few. And because “apply-toself” is the core attitude in the Meta- States model, I immediately began applying it to my real-estate business of investment properties, my publishing company, and my training business. That lead to the buying and selling of many properties, expanding the publishing, and new developments in the trainings.
Similarly, I began applying the principles to the business side of this field, that is, to training, sponsoring of trainings, developing Collaborative Partnerships with people, and more recently to our Meta-Coach training inside of Corporations. This came to light as Michelle Duval and I began asking questions about what stops most people from translating their skills of doing business (working in the business) to using them to work on their businesses? There is a difference you know. Working in a business refers to all of the skills and knowledge that you bring to doing whatever it is that you do. Working on a business refers to your skills of business development and planning. It’s about your leadership and managerial skills in creating a vision, business plan, and then managing that plan on a daily basis.
- Why do so many people in the personal development field have such a hard time being successful in business and as a business person?
- Why do people with great “people” skills often lack great “business” skills?
- What meaning frames do successful business people have that empowers them in that arena?
To address this we have been putting more and more information, material, and patterns for skill development in the Meta-Coaching manual. We have even taken the Matrix and used it as a template to create a Matrix Business Plan. The design is to enable people to develop better frames and relationship to the idea and experience of “business. ”